Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Top Ten Book Endings That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open



I'm participating in the Top Ten Tuesday meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week you will find the top ten books that left me with my mouth hanging. Wow, this is a difficult one! It's difficult to chose which book had the biggest "wow" factor, but I'll try to pick only ten. What did you pick?

(clicking on the images below will take you to amazon.com)





Liar :: This one left me scratching my head .. banging it against the wall ... generally walking around in a daze. "What? What just happened?" was all I could think while reading this book. It was great.

Between :: This isn't a book that I would have picked up normally, but I'm glad I read it, it was a great book. It stayed with me for quite a few weeks after I closed the book.

The Book Thief :: It took me a long time to get though this book, but mostly because it was so packed with emotion that I had to take it in little bites.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone :: This entire book is just beautiful. Laini is an awesome writer. It didn't really on a cliffhanger, but it ended with me wanting more. I can't wait for the sequel.

The Name of the Star :: This is Maureen's first paranormal novel, and I enjoyed it immensely. The villan in the story is a ghost and the main characters are your modern day ghostbusters (sorta ...). The last paragraph had me wishing I waited to read the book, but only because I can't wait until the sequel comes out.

Daughter of the Blood :: The entire Black Jewel trilogy was a great read. I revisit these books from time to time. The ending of Daughter of the Blood made me happy that I had the second book to five into right away. I practically devoured these books. Note, this isn't a YA novel.

Goliath :: I really wish that this was not a trilogy ... I know it was a retelling of WWI, but I wish there was more to this story. I can't say it was too cliffhanger-y, but it was definitely jaw-dropping.

Crossed :: I admit, I liked Matched, but I didn't love it. However, Crossed, I loved the ending. I definitely wanted to have the final book in my hand, ready to go. I can't wait to see the reactions to this one.

The Hunger Games :: Well, I didn't put Harry Potter on this list but, I have to put Hunger Games. This book especially had me on pins and needles to get to the next book. I can't wait to see it realized on the silver screen.

Rampant :: Two words; killer unicorns.





15 comments:

  1. Awesome list and book picks. =] You made me interested in some of the ones I haven't read. =]
    Here is my Top Ten
    http://thebookshelfreview.blogspot.com/2011/10/top-ten-tuesday1-top-ten-book-endings.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I can't wait to find out what I think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous that you've already read Crossed. I can't wait to get it. Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wit to read both The Daughter of Smoke and
    Bones and The Name of the Star, got a feeling if I had they would be on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes The Book Thief! I should add that one to my list, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crossed is totally on my TBR list!!! I'm glad you liked it. Great picks.

    Check out my first Top Ten Tuesday:

    http://seeitorreadit.blogspot.com/2011/10/top-ten-tuesday-1.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific post. I agree about THE BOOK THIEF. An amazing book. I listened to it on audio - it was wonderful and eerie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was reading the end of The Book Thief while waiting for a bus and reading it in public was prob not the best move. I had to keep putting it down so I wouldn't start just outright bawling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've heard a lot of good things about Daughter of Smoke and Bone. i might just have to check it out (even though i totally hate that cover.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Argh, Liar! That book, I just - I mean, we set ourselves up for the end because everything really is set up and then I just couldn't believe it! I don't think I'd read that book again, but it was kind of fantastic that it went there! (Holy exclamation marks, Batman)

    Thanks for stopping by earlier! I'm a new follower of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh I am so jealous! I can't wait to read Crossed, my most anticipated release of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I havent read ANY of these books except for The Hunger Games and i agree with you. Im currently reading the daughter of smoke and bones. Many on your list are on my TBR. hopefully ill happy gasp at them :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choices, I keep forgetting I need to read The Book Thief.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved Crossed so much more than I did Matched. I said this in my review, but I really feel that without the pacing of Crossed that the third book wouldn't have the impact that I believe it will due to everything we got to see.

    DOSAB - Amazing, beautiful, I want to read it again already.

    ReplyDelete